Thursday, July 18, 2013

In the Studio With Melinda Doolittle

By Andrew Greer 
July 18, 2013 

Album Title: TBD
Release Date: TBD
Recording Studio: Oak Tree Studios, Hendersonville, TN
Producers: Tre’ Corley
Number of Songs: TBD

Long Time Coming: All this time, I have been blessed to do what I love in my live shows. But it has been a while since I released new music of my own. Simply put, it was time to get back in the studio! –Melinda Doolittle 

Sophomore Songs: Hopefully I have learned what I liked and didn't like with my first CD. So my litmus test for choosing songs on this sophomore record has been finding tunes that are a true representation of who I am. I also took the chance to be a part of the writing process! It's hard work, but extremely rewarding. –M.D. 

Slow and Steady: The songs on this record I helped write have a more current sound. On my previous record we were on a huge deadline, so time was limited. I have taken more time with this CD. My producer was happy to work with me until I had exactly what I was looking for. –M.D. 

Show Time: I love to sing in the dark. When I record a song, I imagine I'm performing it live. I'm intense when I have an audience, but it feels weird when it's just my producer and me. So, I turn off the lights and go to town. I also warm up with the ProVox vocal workout before each session. My vocal coach, Janet Kenyon, developed it and it works wonders vocally. -M.D. - 

See more at: http://www.ccmmagazine.com/article/in-the-studio-with-melinda-doolittle/#sthash.2j44V6It.dpuf

No comments: