Friday, December 31, 2010

Melinda makes it onto Season 6 of American Idol

It was hard to believe when I found out my high school friend Melinda Doolittle auditioned for American Idol's Sixth Season this year! She was a part of my lunch group when I was a senior, but I only got to hang out with her for a year because she was a sophomore, new to our group (our high school only had sophomores, juniors, and seniors) and then I graduated. But I had some great times with her during that year.

I can attest that Melinda really is a sweetie and has no pretention about her. She liked to sing back then, but I didn't know she would go on to make it a career like this! (After graduating from Union, she went on to get her degree in Commercial Music at Belmont University in Nashville, and has been singing BGV ever since--until now!)

She made it through the Top 3 Finals--Way to go Melinda!! I am so proud of you! Best wishes for your continued music career!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am huge fans of Melinda Doolittle i follow her from her first audition and still support her on the website www.melindafan.net She doing the Dreyer's ice cream tour right now that she did appear singing on fox new about her new song My Funny Valentine she did releases February 12,2008 also she did talk about her new album who will be released June of 2008. Once a month or two depending of her busy schedule she have blogradiotalk with her fans who she call backups. This Blogradiotalk it a idea's of the website melindafan.net. She is amazing if you are big fans of her come join us and support her for her new career.

Anonymous said...

Great new Melinda Doolittle will released her first album in fall and working on Holiday CD. New website to support Melinda career. www.mdstreetteam.com. Come join us